Would you like a free pair of Bogs Burnside or Hawthorne? We’re giving away a pair of Bogs to one of our lucky readers!!!
I’ve had quite a few pairs of slip-on shoes over the years. My first pair of ‘loafer‘ type footwear was a really rad pair of black and white checkered Vans (I’m dating myself here aren’t I). This was during my ‘I’m dedicating my life to becoming a professional skateboarder‘ phase. Unfortunately my professional skateboarding life never panned out as my Nash skateboard weighed 87 pounds, didn’t have the right trucks and was kind of lame (I had the same one in yellow). If my parents would have only bought me the cool one, I’m sure that by now I’d be retired and have a flavor of Mountain Dew names after me…. Nah, the truth is that I was terribly uncoordinated and the last time I was on my Nash skateboard I fell, cried and threw it into the trash. Where was I going with this?
Oh right, loafers. Here’s why I like the new offerings from Bogs Footwear. For starters, Bogs has done something that others have not, they’ve made these shoes comfortable! They have a contoured EVA insole… which is nice (I don’t know what that means), but I do know that these are comfortable shoes. Not only are they comfortable, but they’re also easy on / off and fit rather snugly on your feet. On those damp or rainy days you don’t have to worry about muckin’ up your favorite pair of kicks, the Bogs Burnside & Hawthorne are water-proof; along those lines they are also pretty much kid proof! Bogs has come up with something special here, these are by no means your run-of-the-mill canvas loafers. These are some kick-ass outdoor sporting shoes folks!
Hey did you know that Father’s Day 2011 is this weekend folks! What better way to tell your dad how much he means to you by buying him a pair of Bogs Burnside or Hawthorne? Pick up a pair for your dad, by doing so you’re pretty much saying ‘Dad, I want you to know that I know that you care about style as much as you care about comfort and convenience‘. I mean, that says a lot… you probably don’t even need a card.
Details on Bogs Footware:
The Bogs line generally come in all sizes ranging from size 7 up to size 17!
Via Bogs Footware:
With a hand-lasted natural rubber upper on top and a contoured EVA insole down below, the Burnside is durable and guarantees all day comfort. We also designed it with a seamless comfort so that you can slip them on without socks for a quick jaunt. The ventilated Airmesh lining works with the Aegis antimicrobial protection to keep moisture away and your feet feeling fresh.
You can find them:
- On the Web – www.bogsfootwear.com
- On Facebook – www.facebook.com/bogsfootwear
- On the Twitterz – twitter.com/#!/bogsfootwear
- Burnside’s MSRP is $64
- Hawthorne’s MSRP is $68
The Burnsides and Hawthorne are new to Spring ’11 and available at some retailers now. They will be offered in Ivy green and a redesigned grey for the Fall ’11 collection and are available from bogsfootwear.com beginning August 1.
How to win a pair of either Bogs Hawthorne or Burnside… Contest ends 11:59pm EST. June 21st, 2011.
- Tell us which style of boot you’d want and the size you’ll want them in and please include some method for us to contact you in the comment (twitter or email). We’ll randomly pick someone to win.
- You get 1 extra entry for following @latenightparent on twitter – You must comment that you’re a follower.
- You get 1 extra entry for following @bogsfootwear on twitter – You must comment that you’re a follower.
- You get 1 extra entry for tweeting about this contest (you can do this daily). Must contain the following information: @bogsfootwear @latenightparent– http://go.lnp.tv/mthaYh and you must also comment with the link to your tweet.
Example: I hear @latenightparent.com loves @bogsfootwear and I want win a pair – http://go.lnp.tv/mthaYh
- You get 1 extra entry for becoming our FAN on facebook – www.facebook.com/latenightparentsYou must comment that you’re a fan.
- You get 1 extra entry for becoming their FAN on facebook – www.facebook.com/bogsfootwear (and leave a note saying that www.latenightparents.com sent you) You must comment that you’re a fan.
You will have 12 hours to reply before we pick another winner!
Disclaimer: Thanks to Bogs Footwear for providing the prize for this giveaway and product review.