Last week, I reviewed the Kodak Playtouch Video Camera [amazon]. Fortunately, I was able to test drive the Playtouch’s functionality while attending the Long Island Auto Show. The Kodak video camera is the latest top of the line HD pocket camcorder that features it’s touch screen functionality. This device is priced between $139.99 – 179.99 range and goes head-to-head with Sony Bloggie and the “defunct” Cisco Flip HD cameras.
These types of HD video cameras are primarily end-user ready for creating video rapidly for the internet. It’s a 5MP camera used for short clips on YouTube and not for recording 2HR/3HRs of content.
- Ease of use: Even novice camera users will enjoy the extra options which are great for picture taking and video recording. Point and shoot / Touch Screen features / etc.
- Look and Feel: The Play-touch’s thin frame is able to stand on flat surface (table) with or without a tripod.
- Additional features: A removable battery (Non – standard and not in AA battery format). Video content is converted to .MOV format. An Audio visual external microphone jack for audio and/or headphones use. HDMI adapter and cable is included.
- Video quality: Records in both 720P/1080P / Secure Digital High Capacity /
- Size: great as camera can comfortably fit into your shirt pocket. It’s slightly over 4OZ and a 3in LCD size.
- File Storage: it’s equipped with internal memory, but can easily expand to 32GB SD card.
- Share App: grants you the availability to easily share your content.
- ArcSoft Media-Impression software is PC and Mac compatible.
- USB connection is slightly awkward and might require a USB extender connection.
- Initial Arch Soft Media installation was very buggy and generated all types of MS-Windows related errors. These errors continued until I received the updated patch from the Kodak website to stabilize the application.
- Non- standard battery – you’ll need to purchase a second battery for backup.
The Play-Touch is offers much more video (on-screen) features and once you’ve kicked the tires on the device, you’ll definitely grow fond of it.
GIVEAWAY ITEM: Kodak PlayTouch
How to win it… Contest ends 11:59pm EST. November 8th, 2011.
Please comment with 1 feature you like about the Kodak PlayTouch Video Camera, please make sure to include an email or twitter contact inside the comment.
- You get 1 extra entry for signing up for the Late Night Parents newsletter http://go.lnp.tv/mcnewsletter You must comment that you’re signed up.
- You get 1 extra entry for tweeting about this contest (you can do this daily). Must contain the following information: @kodak @LateNightParent http://go.lnp.tv/nlLEzs – and you must also comment with the link to your tweet.
Example: I want to win a @kodak #playtouch video camera in this #giveaway from @LateNightParent – http://go.lnp.tv/nlLEzs
- You get 1 extra entry for following @LateNightParent on twitter www.twitter.com/LateNightParent You must comment that you’re a follower.
- You get 1 extra entry for following @KodakCB on twitter www.twitter.com/KodakCB You must comment that you’re a follower.
- You get 1 extra entry for becoming our FAN on facebook www.facebook.com/LateNightParents You must comment that you’re a fan.
- You get 1 extra entry for becoming their FAN on facebook www.facebook.com/kodak (and leave a note saying that www.LateNightParents.com sent you) Leave a comment that you’re a fan.
- You get 1 extra entry for liking this page on facebook (like button at the bottom of the post NOTE: you must be signed into facebook for it to work!)
- You get 1 extra entry for suggesting and having 5 friends become fans of Late Night Parents on facebook (and have them leave a note saying you sent them)
- You get 1 extra entry for writing about this giveaway on your blog (with a link back to http://zippy-knot.flywheelsites.com) you must also comment with the link to your post.
- You get 1 extra entry for putting this on reddit, digg, or any other social bookmarking service. You must comment that you’ve bookmarked.
You will have 24 hours to respond before we pick another winner! Winner must be located in USA.