An iPhone as a baby monitor?
In terms of functionality, child monitors can range anywhere from the simple ‘audio only’ to the more sophisticated offerings that can include audio, video and motion detection. Suffice it to say there are quite a few child monitors on the market and many of them are fairly impressive. What I found to be even more impressive was something offered by a company called NextStep BabyMonitors. NextStep BabyMonitors takes it to the next level. Thanks to our friends at NextStepBabyMonitors I’ve recently been introduced to an very impressive IP-Based monitoring system called NextStepIP.
What is the NextStepIP System? This is a system that allows you to connect a child monitor to your home Internet connection. Once this monitor is connected to your home Internet, you can watch, listen and interact with the video camera! It’s really pretty amazing!
This means that you’re not tied to a single audio or video receiver. You can connect and interact with your NextStepIP System from any computer, smartphone (iPhone) or tablet device (iPad) connected to your home network. You can even take it a step further and setup this system so that you can control your NextStepIP System from ANYWHERE that you can connect to the Internet (not just your home network). How cool is that?
If you’re not a ‘techie’ don’t be thrown by the term ‘IP-Based’. Here’s a quick rundown of what IP-Based means to you. All devices that connect to the internet will have an IP address. An IP Address is simply a number that acts as a means for devices using the Internet to identify and ‘talk’ with one another. To some, setting up an IP-Based monitor sounds a bit daunting. The truth of the matter is that there are a number of steps you will likely need to go through in order to setup your IP-Based monitor. The good news is that NextStep BabyMonitors provides you with not only an easy to use step-by-step guide to setting up your monitor, but they will also provide limited 30 day phone support with the purchase of this system. Win!
Here’s what I really like about this home baby monitoring system:
- I can access this monitor from any computer that’s connected to the Internet (Mac / PC / Smartphone).
- Not only can I access this monitor, but I can pan / tilt from my computer / smartphone.
- It’s Wireless! Once I’ve completed the initial setup, I can move this camera to any location in my house that can receive my home wi-fi connection.
Here’s what I really LOVE about this home baby monitoring system:
- Motion Detection – If you’re worried about your child moving around or getting out of bed at night you can setup this system to detect motion and record screen shots of the movement. This has applications for being a fairly sophisticated nannycam!
- Record video to my smartphone – While I’m watching over my wi-fi or 3/4G connection, I can actually record that appears on my smartphone… to my phone!
- InFraRed / Night Vision – Baby’s room is dark at night? No problem! With night vision built right in you have ability to see in a pitch black room!
It’s super simple to enter and the more times you enter the better your chances are for being selected for the giveaway.
GIVEAWAY ITEM: NextStepIP Monitoring System (Black or White)
How to win… ends 11:59pm EDT. September 3rd, 2012.
Leave a comment below with why you think NextStep Baby products are awesome. Please include some method for us to contact you in the comment (twitter or email).
- You get 1 entry for tweeting about this contest (you can do this daily). Your Tweet must contain the following information: ” @NextStepBaby #giveaway @LateNightParent http://go.lnp.tv/NXZpqi ” you must also comment on this post with the link to your tweet.
Example: @NextStepBaby I want to win the NextStepIP in a #giveaway from @LateNightParent http://go.lnp.tv/NXZpqi
- You get 1 extra entry for following @NextStepBaby on Twitter – http://twitter.com/NextStepBaby – You must comment on this post that you’re a follower.
- You get 1 extra entry for following @LateNightParent on twitter – http://www.twitter.com/LateNightParent You must comment on this post that you’re a follower.
- You get 1 extra entry for becoming a FAN of NextStep Baby Monitors – http://www.facebook.com/pages/
NextStepBabyMonitors/You must comment on this post that you’re a follower. 315363574967
- You get 1 extra entry for becoming our FAN on facebook http://www.facebook.com/LateNightParents You must comment on this post that you’re a fan.
- You get 1 extra entry for liking this page on facebook (like button at the top of the post NOTE: you must be signed into facebook for it to work!)
- You get 1 extra entry for writing about this giveaway on your blog (with a link back to http://zippy-knot.flywheelsites.com) you must also comment with the link to your post.
OPEN ONLY TO THOSE IN THE UNITED STATES.
We will pick a winner at random September 4, 2012 at 5PM EDT. You will have 24 hours to reply before we pick another winner!