THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC LAUNCHES APPS for iOS
Six new apps now available in the iTunes Store
“Our main endeavor is to be useful, but with a pleasant degree of humor.” These words from the Almanac’s founder, Robert B. Thomas have guided The Old Farmers Almanac since it first began publishing in 1792. North America’s oldest continuously published periodical has released six mobile apps that will serve to amuse and inform Almanac loyalists. The following are now available for purchase on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch through the iTunes Store:
● “Almanac Brain Teasers of the Day” delivers daily puzzles. Many are time-tested puzzles that have been challenging minds for up to 200 years.
● “Almanac Home Helpers of the Day” dispenses daily tips for everyday household problems.
● “Almanac Weather History of the Day” will allow the user to find out what happened on that day in weather history.
● “Almanac Lore of the Day” brings daily proverbs and sayings about the weather.
● “Almanac Quote of the Day” delivers a different inspiring or amusing quote from famous authors, celebrities, newsmakers and historic leaders.
● “Almanac Advice of the Day” provides doses of daily advice in one or two lines.
These apps join the previously released Full Moon Finder app, which allows users to track the progress of the moon and shares interesting lore about the month’s full moon. The Full Moon Finder app is available for iOS and Android.
The new apps deliver daily doses of the, always useful, and often humorous bits of information that The Old Farmer’s Almanac has been delivering to its readers for over 200 years. Each app is available in the iTunes store for at a discounted price of 99 cents.
Click here for links that bring you directly to the app store—plus, more information about each app: http://www.almanac.com/