Educators and parents are the most important adults in a child’s life. That’s why NEA members throughout the nation are working closely with parents to ensure our students succeed.
Common Core State Standards have been a controversial and confusing topic for parents. The National Education Association has released comprehensive resources for parents to help educators and parents work together. .
Resources include information, videos and brochures on various topics including:
* Common Core State Standards
* Families and Educators Working Together for Student Success
* How families and educators can work together to help students transition to Common Core State Standards and achieve success. Families and Educators Advocate for Student Achievement
* Become an advocate for Common Core State Standards. Find out how you can support change outside the classroom that will help student achieve success inside it. More Resources
* How Should Parents Navigate the Parent-Teacher Conference? My Children Are Not “Failing,” And Neither Are Their Teachers
* A Day In The Life of a Parent Coordinator
* Union and Parents Join Forces to Improve School Conditions
* When This ESP Visits Student Homes, He’s Treated Like Family Home Visits Yield Hope and Cooperation With Parents
* How Family Involvement is Helping in Utah
* Parents’ Role in Bullying and Intervention For Parents: If a Child Complains of Being Bullied