Belly fat plagues millions of Americans. So do bloating, heartburn and other tummy troubles. It’s no coincidence that these problems often occur together. As Reader’s Digest editor-in-chief, New York Times best-selling author and weight loss expert Liz Vaccariello revealed in the 21-Day Tummy diet plan, the same foods that pack on the pounds can also lead to gastrointestinal problems, and the culprits are surprising. Based on the 21-Day Tummy New York Times best-selling diet plan, Vaccariello teamed up again with Kate Scarlata, RD, LDN, to create the 21-Day Tummy Diet Cookbook featuring 150 new quick and easy delicious recipes to help increase and maintain weight loss and keep digestive symptoms in check. 21-Day Tummy Diet Cookbook is available now at www.21daytummy.com and wherever books are sold on December 23.
21-Day Tummy Cookbook is chock full of healthy and tasty recipes to shrink, sooth and satisfy any belly. Most people who suffer from chronic digestive issues assume they either need to eat bland foods or rely on pills to feel better. But the foods that help us both shrink and soothe our stomachs—which the diet calls “Belly Buddies”—include delicious favorites such as Greek yogurt, strawberries, peanut butter, maple syrup, and potatoes. The cookbook’s recipes feature many healthful foods designed to balance gut flora for optimal health and weight loss. The easy-to-use cookbook focuses on carb-light, anti-inflammatory foods scientifically proven to balance gut flora, reduce inflammation, soothe the digestive system and shrink fat cells (“Belly Buddies”), while avoiding pro-inflammatory fats and high-fructose foods (“Belly Bullies”).
The thousands of Americans who have already discovered 21-Day Tummy will find 21-Day Tummy Diet Cookbook an invaluable companion, helping them maintain and extend their weight loss results—and keep their digestive symptoms in check—with easy recipes they can make at home. For those who haven’t yet experienced the diet, the book includes the basics of the eating plan so they can enjoy the same amazing results as readers of the original book.
“The 21-Day Tummy Diet Cookbook is filled with tummy-taming recipes that are easy to make and use ingredients that shrink and calm tummies,” said Vaccariello. “Best of all for the busiest among us – most recipes can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, are easy to make, and can be frozen for easy on-the-go meals during a hectic week. But most importantly, they help you stay healthier, happier and feeling your best.”
21-Day Tummy Diet Cookbook includes:
- 150 Delicious and Easy Recipes that Incorporate Belly Buddies – Tasty, detailed recipes that help shrink and soothe stomachs and cover every type of meal. From breakfast, soups and salads to one-dish mains, sides and desserts, scrumptious recipes include potato, ham and cheddar hash; Italian chicken and escarole soup; roast turkey breast with fresh cranberry relish; crab cakes; shrimp stir-fry; herbed tricolor quinoa; three-citrus coconut macaroons; and chocolate-covered peanut butter cookies.
- Comprehensive List of Belly Buddies, Shopping Insights, Storage Advice and Cooking Tips – The book details the diet’s Belly Buddies, with spotlights on key foods like kale and quinoa, what to buy at the grocery store – and why – how to store ingredients so they keep longer and basic cooking tips to maximize health and nutritional benefits.
- How to Create Your Personal 21-Day Plan – Flexible, simple meal-planning is seamless with detailed sample menus for the three phases of the 21-day plan: flatten first; then soothe and shrink; and balance for long-term benefits and weight management. Plus, the plan includes examples of satisfying snacks and common ingredient substitutions for allergies and personal taste preferences.
- Real-Life Success Stories & Advice – Reader’s Digest recruited real men and women who tried out the 21-day plan and cookbook. These tummy testers all lost weight: collectively, they lost 90 pounds in 3 weeks, shed 29 inches from their waists, and reported fewer digestive symptoms and happier tummies.
- An Overview of Belly Bully Tests – Guidelines to identify which Belly Bullies are problematic for your system and what you can reintroduce to your diet, so you can continue to enjoy a variety of foods.
21-Day Tummy Diet Cookbook will show you how to eat in a way that keeps you feeling great – and looking lean – for life.
21-Day Tummy Diet Cookbook
Available now at www.21DayTummy.com and wherever books are sold December 23, 2014