Each year, Earth Day—April 22—marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970.
Earth Day had reached into its current status as the largest secular observance in the world, celebrated by more than a billion people every year, and a day of action that changes human behavior and provokes policy changes.
Since 2009, Verizon has held over 50 Recycling Rallies around the country and has collected more than 1.9 million pounds of electronics. That includes e-waste our Green Team helped collect at the recycling rally in Grapevine, Texas
Earth Day is a good reminder that everyone should be thinking green, and that includes how they discard of their unwanted electronics. In honor of Earth Day, here a list of ways resources for properly discarding e-waste:
- Pre- Cycle — Consider the recycling options available to you before you make your next purchase. Does the seller offer a trade-in program if you upgrade later?
- One Stop Shop — You can find places to recycle just about anything at1800recycling.com. Simply enter your zip code and type of items you want to recycle, and you will be provided with local options for recycling.
- Community Results — Watch your local news for community recycling events. Many are free and accept a diverse array of items.
Today, the fight for a clean environment continues with increasing urgency, as the ravages of climate change become more manifest every day.
Here are my TOP 3 tips for Earth Day I practice daily w/my family members:
- Turning off lights and unplugging cell phone chargers
- Recycle, Recycle, Recycle
- Turn off running water while brushing teeth/washing face.