With March Madness just over a week away, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its NCAA Tournament Fun Facts infographic to help get hoops lovers psyched for this magical time of year.
You can find some highlights from both the report and the infographic below.
March Madness Fun Facts
- $7.3 Million – Annual salary of Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski (6X more than Duke’s president), making him the highest paid college basketball coach.
- 17X – Difference between the average NBA rookie’s salary ($1.99M) and the average value of a college basketball player’s tuition, room and board ($120K).
- $8.9 Billion – Estimated amount wagered illegally on the 2016 NCAA basketball tournament.
- 3.5 Million – Extra barrels of American beer are produced each March.
- $66+ Million – Tournament’s impact on Dayton, Ohio’s economy since 2001.