The Masters – golf’s first major championship – begins April 6. Get yourself in the mood for birdies, azaleas and a whole lot of green with WalletHub’s Masters Fun Facts report.
The report breaks down everything from ticket and concession prices to the cost of producing each green jacket and the event’s overall economic impact. We also tapped a panel of PGA professionals for Masters picks and insights on matters such as the future of fantasy golf. You can find a handful of highlights below:
- 250K – People visit the Augusta, Ga. area each year for Masters festivities
- $1,366 – Average resale price for a ticket to the final round of the 2017 Masters(currently the cheapest of the four days)
- $4 – Price of a domestic beer at the Masters
- 620% – Increase in live telecast hours for the Masters from 1956 (2.5 hrs) to 2016 (18 hrs)
- $250 – Cost of producing each green jacket
- 90% – Of the world’s golf carts are made in Georgia