Today’s children are surrounded by technology and the average household owns 7.3 screens according to a new report by ReportLinker.
Key findings show that:
TV and Tablets are competing:
- 93% of people own a TV but their homes also include an astonishing array of digital devices, such as smartphones (79%), laptops (78%), and tablets (68%).
- Children are still mostly drawn to television (62%), closely followed by tablets (58%), smartphones (39%), and video game (38%).
Where is the limit?
- 62% of children spend 3+ hours on a smartphone
- 57% of children spend 3+ hours a day playing video games
- And 45% of children who have devices in their bedroom use them 3 to 5 hours a day
What about the parents?
- 75% are positive towards their children’s relationship with technology
- And 40% believe technology promotes school readiness and cognitive development
- Also, 31% believe their children are more isolated and have fewer social interactions because of the time they spend using tech devices