With October being Cyber Security Awareness Month we’ve got a jam-packed month of tips and deals to keep you safe! First off, 5 steps to be safer online!
1. Careful what Wi-Fi networks you connect to – if you’re out and about try to only connect to networks you know and trust.
2. Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, camera and location services when not in a secure location or if you are not using them – these can give hackers and others open access to your devices. You can usually find this in the “Settings” section of your device.
3. Watch where you download things from – many “free” shows, movies and music downloads come with malware and other threats that compromise your privacy and safety.
4. Keep your operating system and antivirus software up-to-date – You need antivirus to protect and to clean. Keep everything updated so you’re protected from the latest threats.
5. Use long, strong and unique passwords for anything that requires a login – make a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols. Having trouble remembering all those passwords?