The National Council for Home Safety and Security announces their Safest College Campuses in America for 2018.
We created this ranking using the most recent data from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting and the Campus Safety Security Survey put out by the U.S. Department of Education. The highest ranked University campuses boast low total campus and local area crime. University campuses with a significant lack of reported data were excluded, as well as all non-accredited Universities offering 4-year degrees. Furthermore, universities with less than 10,000 enrollment were excluded.
The top five are:
1. Brigham Young University-Idaho (Rexburg, Idaho)
2. Oakland University (Rochester, Michigan)
3. Northern Kentucky University (Highland Heights, Kentucky)
4. University of Rhode Island (South Kingston, Rhode Island)
5. Bridgewater State University (Bridgewater, Massachusetts)
The complete report can be found here: https://www.alarms.org/safest-
The National Council for Home Safety and Security is a trade association comprised of home security professionals across the United States. The council advocates for safe communities and home safety with a strong focus on community involvement. Find more information here.