Flashcards are used by students and educators everyday and are one of the most popular ways to learn a subject/topic. The internet makes this learning tool even easier through the use of dedicated websites that allow for flashcard creation, collaboration, and more.
*This list is in alphabetical order.
15 Sites & Apps for Creating Flashcards
- Braineos – A fun site for students to create flashcards to play educational games on a wide variety of subjects.
- Brainscape – An innovative site/app that uses “smart” flashcard to help students learn and differentiate instruction.
- Classmint – A great site for creating flashcards w/ images that can be annotated.
- CoboCards – A nice site and mobile app for creating and sharing flashcards. Also, a great way to collaborate w/ others.
- Cram – Cram is a nice site and search engine for creating and finding flashcards.
- Flashcard Flash – A innovative search engine designed for finding publicly shared flashcards.
- Flashcards by NKO – An excellent free iOS app that combines Game Based Learning w/ flashcards.
- Flippity – A cool way to turn a Google Spreadsheet into a set of online flashcards.
- GoConqr – Formerly know as ExamTime, GoConqr is a great site/app for creating flashcards, quizzes, and more.
- Quizlet – A neat little site for creating flashcards which is ideal for studying vocabulary, languages, or more. Also, a nice site for playing studying games.
- Studium – A fantastic iOS app for creating multimedia style flashcards that can be used to study in a variety of ways.
- Study Blue – A great site for creating flashcards from photos, audio, or notes and then sharing w/ others. Also, a SB has a wonderful mobile app for studying on the go.
- Study Stack – A nice all in one solution for creating and studying flashcards. Also, there are lots of educational “stacks” to browse through.
- Tinycards – A fun iOS app for creating flashcards or learning by completing lessons/games.
- VocApp – A great mobile app for creating flashcards or taking already created courses for learning vocabulary/languages through already created decks.
cross posted at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at [email protected] and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.