Setting up parental controls, limiting screen time, and monitoring your child’s Internet use are all great ways to make sure your child is safe online. But it is also important to have the extra layer of security that Internet filtering services, which automatically block and filter unwanted sites and ads, can provide.
To help you find the right solution for your family, we’ve compiled a list of five of the top Internet filtering services currently available.
- Circle is a one-stop shop for most of your parental control needs. In one single product, you have the ability to set screen time limits, block certain sites and apps, track Internet and device usage, and more. Parents can set unique filters for kids, teens, and adults in the home. Any connected device will work with Circle, including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and more.
- Qustodio allows parents to monitor, set limits, and block unwanted content from their children’s phones. It interfaces with iOS, Android, and desktop operating systems and allows parents to track a child’s location and calls, set limits for their children regarding individual apps, and monitor a child’s online activity—all from your own phone.
- Covenant EyesOne of the National Center on Sexual Exploitation’s longtime partners, Covenant Eyes is the leading screen accountability and Internet filtering software for those looking to protect their families from and/or individuals looking to quit their own pornography use. Visit their website to learn more about their program and how you can protect yourself and your family from pornography.
- Net Nanny offers Family Protection Passes for up to 20 devices in order to monitor, control, and protect your family from online dangers. They also offer a Family Feed that sends parents real-time updates on a child’s activities on their registered devices.
- Bark allows parents to monitor social media apps, text messages, emails, and more in order to ensure child safety online. Bark will automatically send you updates when they flag any suspicious content so you don’t have to be constantly monitoring yourself.