If Google employees request transfers to new markets, their compensations would be adjusted to the rates of the local region. The new software, called the Work Location Tool, will show employees estimates of how their salaries might change depending on location.

WHY THIS MATTERS: This is just one part of the return-to-office app–it’s designed to help employees apply to be remote, in-office, or hybrid and where they will be based. Also, with 40% of the Google workforce expected to be remote or multi-office, and the other 60% expected to be hybrid. 

-Full Story: CNET (6/29)