Below are some tips for leaf peepers:
1. Plan ahead! If you’re planing on an overnight trip to see the changing leaves, make hotel arrangements early, as many have extra regulations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Follow the state guidelines regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Try to plan your trip during mid-week; you will find that roads are quieter giving you more opportunity to enjoy the views.
4. Make an adventure out of your trip, explore the back roads. Some of the best sights are off the beaten path.
5. Don’t worry about missing “peak” color. You will still be able to enjoy a full array of colors that can be found before “peak.”
6. Make time to explore some areas on foot. Hiking allows you to truly experience the foliage.
7. Wear a face covering and maintain appropriate social distancing.