In the past couple of months, Facebook, Instagram, and other social networks have faced a lot of outages. But how can you make sure that if the site’s actually down or if it’s just your phone or network provider?
There are multiple ways to do it. First, you can check the official source of each site.
For Facebook, you can head to its developer dashboard.
- Twitter has a developer status board for its APIs.
- Head to downdetector.com or outage.report.
- All the major sites are listed as icons on the home page, if you don’t find a site that you’re looking for there, you can search for it.
- Once you click on a site that you want to check status of, down detector will show a dashboard with the current status, and number of outage reports
- The next time you see that a website is not working for you, use this method to check.