When you make a new Google account, Google minimizes the amount of data it collects by only keeping 18 months’ worth of web and app activity by default — anything older than that is deleted automatically.
Here’s how to stop Google from collecting your future web and app activity:
1. Open Google.com on your desktop or mobile browser, and log into your Google account by using the button in the top right corner.
2. After logging in, click your user icon in the top right corner and select Manage your Google account.
3. Click Privacy & personalization.
4. Click Things you’ve done and places you’ve been.
5. Click Web & App Activity inside the History settings box. This opens Activity Controls.
6. Click Turn off underneath Web & App Activity.
7. In the pop-up window click Pause.
8. Click Got it.