When it comes to New Yorkers, we’ll defend our city to the death. That’s because there’s so many amazing things in this city, that can only be found, felt, or understood by living here.
We asked our audience “What’s your favorite thing New York has that you can’t get anywhere else?” and we were met with an outpour of all the reasons to love NYC, plus a few quirks in between that come with living in NYC.
And though some answers are technically found in other cities—it’s simply not the same as NYC.
Here are just a few things that were mentioned:
1. The best bagels
2. The freedom to be your unapologetic self
3. An unbeatable rhythm / energy
4. A Pastrami sandwich
5. The ability to go through absolutely anything and everything only to come out stronger, nuttier, and more entertaining than ever
6. QUALITY PIZZA
7. Everything within walking distance!
8. Water quality — responsible for our bagels, pizza, and rolls/heroes
9. Central Park
10. Great music on almost every corner
11. Chopped Cheese
12. Fabulous museums
13. Diversity. Every nation, culture, religion & color intertwines their lives together here every single day
14. The feeling of being a “New Yorker”
16. Paying $3k a month for a broom closet of an apartment where the shower is in the kitchen
17. Dollar slice
18. 24-hour bodegas
19. The New York Public Library
20. A one-of-a-kind skyline
21. The ability to walk anywhere
22. Camaraderie with other New Yorkers
23. Coffee and a bagel at almost every corner
24. Sarcasm, perfected
25. Open mindedness and opportunity