The Buffalo Bills are now the betting favorites to win the Super Bowl, among the most prominent shifts in futures odds from Week 1 as the NFL season reaches its midpoint, according to TheLines.com, which tracks odds in the U.S. regulated sports betting markets.
A consensus of that nation’s largest legal online sportsbooks — including FanDuel, DraftKings, PointsBet, PlaySugarHouse, and BetMGM — now place the Bills at +550 to win the Super Bowl, meaning bettors would win $550 for every $100 wagered. The AFC runners-up last season, the Bills entered this season at +1150, behind only the Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Baltimore Ravens. But a 5-2 start highlighted by an impressive 38-20 domination of the Chiefs two weeks have shifted the odds of the high-flying Bills.
Meanwhile, the 6-2 Bucs stand at +600 to win the Super Bowl after opening the season at +650. Both the Bills and Bucs sit just ahead of the NFL’s four one-loss teams: the Los Angeles Rams (+750, from +1500), Green Bay Packers (+900, from +1400), Dallas Cowboys (+1000, from +3500), and Arizona Cardinals (+1100, from +4800).
Even though the Buccaneers and Bills have lesser records than a handful of teams, they are proven commodities.
That is especially true at quarterback, where Josh Allen has become a bona fide star and Tom Brady is, well, Tom Brady. Just behind, though, are veteran stars such as Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, and Dak Prescott, which shows just how important that position is in oddsmakers’ calculations.
The consensus odds to win the Super Bowl, as of Monday, Nov. 1, compared with odds ahead of Week 1:
- Buffalo Bills (+500, from +1150)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+600, from +650)
- Los Angeles Rams (+750, from +1500)
- Green Bay Packers (+900, from +1400)
- Dallas Cowboys (+1000, from +3500)
- Arizona Cardinals (+1100, from +4800)
- Baltimore Ravens (+1100, from +1400)
- Kansas City Chiefs (+1300, from +500)
- Tennessee Titans (+1400, from +3000)
- Los Angeles Chargers (+2500, from +3300)
- New Orleans Saints (+3000, from +4000)
- Cleveland Browns (+3200, from +1600)
- Las Vegas Raiders (+4000, from +10000)
- Cincinnati Bengals (+4000, from +15000)
- San Francisco 49ers (+5500, from +1400)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (+5500, from +5000)
- New England Patriots (+6000, from +3700)
- Minnesota Vikings (+7500, from +5000)
- Indianapolis Colts (+8000, from +3500)
- Seattle Seahawks (+10000, from +2500)
- Denver Broncos (+12500, from +5000)
- Carolina Panthers (+15000, from +9000)
- Philadelphia Eagles (+20000, from +12500)
- Atlanta Falcons (+32000, from +8000)
- Chicago Bears (+50000, from +6600)
- Washington Football Team (+50000, from +5000)
- Miami Dolphins (+65000, from +4000)
- New York Giants (+75000, from +8000)
- New York Jets (+250000, from +15000)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (+250000, from +13000)
- Houston Texans (+400000, from +30000)
- Detroit Lions (+400000, from +25000)
To access updated lines and a betting guide for every NFL team, visit www.thelines.com/betting/nfl.
To access Week 9 odds, visit www.thelines.com/nfl-week-9-odds-2021/.