If you have cold or flu symptoms, or suspect you may have COVID, visit with a doctor and find out the best next steps.
While these conditions may involve fatigue, a cough, sore throat, and a runny or stuffy nose, there are also several differences:
- Comes on gradually.
- Rarely involves a fever.
- Rarely involves difficulty breathing.
- Usually involves a stuffy nose or sore throat.
- Comes on between two and 14 days after infection.
- Sometimes involves a fever.
- Usually involves difficulty breathing.
- May also not have any symptoms.
- Comes on suddenly.
- Sometimes involves a fever and typically lasts 3-4 days.
- Common to have chest discomfort or cough.
- Sometimes involves a stuffy nose or sore throat.
- Usually causes fatigue.