Barber Foods asks: “The last time you were struck with dinner boredom, what did you do to spice up your routine?”
I’m ten months into being a father and I couldn’t be happier watching the little guy grow up right before my eyes. One thing that my wife and I miss however is strolling through the streets of New York City in search of new and unique restaurants. Having the little guy with us makes popping in to a random restaurant a bit more challenging. We’ve found that it’s all about timing with the little guy, if we have a destination in mind, we’ll go ahead and take him to the restaurant. That means of course that he needs to be well rested and that we’ll need to have the appropriate amount of food, clothes, toys, diapers etc… basically, it’s not as easy as it used to be. Being so, my wife has been preparing some lean, healthy and delicious meals for us nightly. I’m guessing this has something to do with the amount of ‘sympathy weight’ I’ve managed to acquire.
I decided to spice up our dinner routine by making dinner for us three times last week; three times in one week! For the first dinner I prepared a delicious Chicken Parmesan dish with steamed vegetables and pared with a nice bottle of red wine. The next night I cooked a fantastic Chicken CordonBleu with a side of brown rice salad… and another bottle of red wine. My wife was more than impressed, she was also highly suspicious that I would be preparing such discerning meals. The jig was up as she knows that my culinary mastery has plateaued at milk, cereal and an occasional turkey sandwich. Needless to say, I had a little help with preparing all of these meals. Barber Foods (www.barberfoods.com) has been creating uniquely satisfying stuffed chicken entrees for more than 50 years.
They have just released their NEW and improved Chicken Parmesan and CourdonBleu breaded stuffed chicken breasts and they want parents like us to know about it! Take a look at their offerings and if you’d like to prepare a tasty, healthy meal for your significant other like I did, take a look at their ‘dinner ideas’ on their website.
Beaming with confidence and from the positive feedback my wife gave me about the first two meals of the week, I decided to venture out of my comfort zone a little. For the final meal of the week I prepared a marinated t-bone steak with homefries served with a bloody mary… and a bottle of red wine. This was actually easier than I thought it would be. Thanks to DennyMike’s ‘Cue Stuff gift set, all I really had to do was set the oven. Success.
We have partnered with Barber Foods in their promotion of their new stuffed chicken entrees, to offer one commenter to be picked at random a Rescue From the Ordinary kit!
The Rescue from the Ordinary Kit includes:
- Two free product coupons to try Barber Foods NEW and improved Chicken Parmesan and classic CordonBleu breaded stuffed chicken breasts.
- $25 VISA gift card
- Barber Foods coupons and recipe booklet
- DennyMike’s ‘Cue Stuff gift set, including award winning sauces and rubs
To enter, answer the question: The last time you were struck with dinner boredom, what did you do to spice up your routine?
GIVEAWAY ITEM: Rescue from the Ordinary Kit
How to win it… Contest ends 11:59pm EST. November 14th, 2011.
- You get 1 entry for answering the question: “The last time you were struck with dinner boredom, what did you do to spice up your routine?” in our comments section.
- You get 1 extra for tweeting about this contest (you can do this daily). Must contain the following information: @barberfoods @LateNightParent – and you must also comment with the link to your tweet.
- Example: I want to win the @barberfoods Rescue from the Ordinary Kit from @LateNightParent http://go.lnp.tv/u7wAJl #giveaway
- You get 1 extra entry for signing up for the Late Night Parents newsletter http://go.lnp.tv/mcnewsletter You must comment that you’re signed up.
- You get 1 extra entry for following @LateNightParent on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/LateNightParent You must comment that you’re a follower.
- You get 1 extra entry for following @barberfoods on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/barberfoods You must comment that you’re a follower.
- You get 1 extra entry for becoming our FAN on facebook https://www.facebook.com/latenightparents You must comment that you’re a fan.
- You get 1 extra entry for becoming their FAN on facebook https://www.facebook.
com/barberfoods(and leave a note saying that www.LateNightParents.com sent you) You must comment that you’re a fan.
- You get 1 extra entry for liking this page on facebook (like button at the bottom of the post NOTE: you must be signed into facebook for it to work!)
- You get 1 extra entry for writing about this giveaway on your blog (with a link back to http://zippy-knot.flywheelsites.com) you must also comment with the link to your post.
- You get 1 extra entry for putting this on reddit, digg, or any other social bookmarking service. You must comment that you’ve bookmarked.
Please Note: The winner will be selected at random and the more times you enter the better your chances are for being selected. You will have 24 hours to respond before we pick another winner!
Disclaimer: Giveaway provided by Barber Foods. Limited to the USA