YouTube takes account security seriously, and they are dedicated to ensuring that you’re best equipped with the tools to protect your Google Account.
To secure your channel, we encourage you to take the following steps:
- Turn on Safe Browsing Enhanced Protection when browsing with Google Chrome. This will send you alerts about malware, risky extensions, phishing or potentially unsafe sites.
- Secure your account. Avoid installing unknown apps or apps from unknown sources. Manage and remove any apps you don’t need from your connected devices.
- Create a strong password and do not share. A secure password, that includes a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols, and updated recovery information help protect your Google Account.
- Set channel-level permissions under ‘Settings’ on your dashboard and check the permissions are correct on a monthly basis, as this determines who has access to your YouTube channel.
- Enable 2-Step Verification, which means you’ll protect your account with both your password and an additional device.
- If you are a monetizing partner, review our Adsense Help Center Article to secure your account.